Lily Blossom Ortez-Tibbels

Lily | August 2013.  Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels ©

Lily | August 2013. Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels ©

Officially introducing Lily Blossom and her new permanent pack. When I did a Google search for “Lily Blossom” – just out of curiosity, I discovered it is the name of a My Little Pony character. As a kid I remember my sister playing with these toys – who happens to be named Blossom Rose, which was our source of inspiration for the name. Moreover, blossom is defined as 1) a flower 2) the condition or time of flowering 3) a period or condition of maximum development or as a verb 1) to come into flower; bloom or 2) to develop; flourish. I feel like all of the above describe Lily and her journey from a rescued / shelter at-risk puppy to permanently joining our pack (and that entailed over these last 5 weeks) to all that is still to come as she blossoms into a mature well-socialized balanced dachshund.

Lily and Emily sound very similar but since they’re my two girls now, I thought that was appropriate. Thanks to all for the warm wishes and congratulatory comments and emails. The decision had some trepidation for me because it wasn’t planned, but sometimes you just have to take a leap of faith and go with what life gives you. After announcing it yesterday, I started to get really excited – especially as the flood of your supportive comments came in. We really are happy to have Lily as part of our family, and I think she makes a fine addition to our pack.

Emily, Lily & Rufus | August 2013.  Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels ©

Emily, Lily & Rufus | August 2013. Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels ©

This entry was posted in Emily, Lily, Rufus and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Lily Blossom Ortez-Tibbels

1. Peabody says:

LOVE IT!!!!!

2. Joy says:

I have been amazed at the pictures of Lily with Emily and Rufus since she first arrived. The pictures seem to get better and more precious all the time. But my heart worried about how she would be when removed from where she was so happy and comfortable. I hoped that the excitement of a wonderful new home would overcome the sadness of moving her. Lily had no idea we were looking for a new home for her. If she understood the situation, she’d be leaping for joy right now.

3. Dell says:

Emily and Rufus look like they are so proud of their new little sister!

4. vkpretz says:

Oh Johnny…You ust be bursting with pride..They are Fabulous ❤

5. Sharon Denitto says:

oh wow such an incredible picture – this was a must for you and your family – such love bursting about 🙂

6. Del Handley says:

They are the most beautiful dogs they know that you love them. I have a smooth haired minitiure
    doxie named Juno she is the most precious thing in the world.

7. Joy Fisher says:

What a beautiful family…wishing you all a long, happy life together with MANY doxie adventures 🙂

8. Pingback: More Lily | rufusontheweb

9. Floria says:

What a wonderful thing. I knew you would become a failed foster as soon as you started taking pictures of all three of them. Truly, who can resist those beautiful faces?

• LOL. That’s so funny I really didn’t think I would be foster failure, in fact I was committed to NOT BEING ONE, but… the longer she was with us and the harder it was to consider her leaving. Life doesn’t always go as planned but we’re very happy. 🙂

10. mymotherswayofcooking says:

Congrats on a new addition to your family! I knew you’d be a failed foster the moment you started taking pictures of all three of them. Who can resist those beautiful faces?

11. So happy that Lily is with YOU!! It couldn’t have been any other way. We hope we can see her again one of these days. A playdate? Thank you for all you do!! Lisa

12. Pingback: Rufus | rufusontheweb