RIP Rudy & Emmett

Rudy | March 2011.  Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels ©

Rudy | March 2011. Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels ©

This has been a tough week for our dachshund community. We said goodbye to two friends: Emmett and Rudy. We have previously featured Emmett, but to my surprise we have yet to showcase our dear friend Rudy. Rudy was a survivor of two back surgeries and was last seen by many at our February LA Doxies Meetup. Rudy was 18. Emmett was 14. My heart aches for the families, but today we celebrate their long lives and friendship. Luckily, we have our plentiful memories and pictures to carry us forward. Peace be with the families of Rudy and Emmett.

If anyone is interested in making a tax-deductible donation in honor of either Rudy and/or Emmett, we have an anonymous donor who said he’d match donations up to a $1,000. Additionally, each respective family will receive a condolences postcard for each donation received with your name. To donate click here: PayPal.

Emmett | July 2012.  Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels ©

Emmett | July 2012. Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels ©

Rudy | March 2011.  Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels ©

Rudy | March 2011. Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels ©

This entry was posted in Rufus' Friends and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to RIP Rudy & Emmett

1. Jane Krueger says:

It is so hard to lose pets. I lost my own doxie when she was almost 15 years old. My condolences!

2. Giselle Smith says:

We have 3 Doxies ages 12,10.9 I can’t imagine living without them..

3. mike szy says:

Wonderful, wonderful Johnny, thank you so much for a tribute to our dear Rudy! As John and I recalled things, we realize he was just SHY of 18, and that 17 years is exactly one-third of my life! Every day I come home and look for him, I’m not able to really deal with the loss yet, but this tribute and the donation idea is wonderful, and when I can write about it, I’ll add the link… love, mike!

4. Denise Beard says:

My sincere condolences, we lost our nearly 19 year old Black & Tan Smooth rescue, Sweetie just over 4 years ago. I know & feel the pain of the loss you are going thru. But I can tell you that in time the memories will bring a smile to your face instead of tears to your eyes. Right now, the pain is too intense to even believe that is possible, & it feels like your heart literally will break, but I can assure you that in time your memories will bring you peace & comfort. I am crying with you right now.

5. Kas Nyberg says:

I got my first Dachshund when I was 5 years old. Penny Pearl and she was the start of many wonderful years as a doxie person. We just lost our little Darby and although we still have 2 other doxies and 2 rescue dogs .. our home seems so empty. Pictures and memories, yes Thank God for pictures and memories. My heart goes out to you

6. vkpretz says:

What beautiful pictures of your precious babies. So sad to hear of their passing. We lost our princess 2 years ago and I know your hearts are breaking. My prayers for your families. May your memories and photos of Rudy and Emmett be sweet and comforting. God Bless.

7. pchinkson says:

I’m.so.grateful.for two healthy puppies. Love them. So very sorry to hear about Rudy. I don’t know how I will react when Bailey or Bertie go…I pray for many.more years…RIP Rudy and Emmett.

8. Jody says: