Rescue PSA

Darling doxie duo | February 2012. Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels

We interrupt our regularly scheduled program to bring you these two darling doxies in need of a forever home. The only thing better than rescuing one dachshund is rescuing two. This adorable black and tan smooth pair is up for adoption. In addition to the photos featured here, you can see more of the duo via a special Flickr slideshow. Any interested parties should complete an application at Dachshund Rescue & Placement. I believe the two are under a year old, already housebroken and just as sweet as can be. It blows my mind that they were surrendered to a shelter. They are gorgeous and seemed to have a level temperament at the time of the photos. Please forward and cross post at will.

Darling doxie duo | February 2012. Photo by: Johnny Ortez-Tibbels

This entry was posted in Rescue and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Rescue PSA

1. Pattie says:

If there is such a thing as twin dogs I think they are it…the markings are like looking at a mirror image. Beautiful photos–I bet they’re going to find a good home soon!

2. Debbie Pope says:

I understand your surprise that these beauties were surrendered to a shelter. My handsome standard, Tucker, was also surrendered to a high kill pound. I’m always saddened when a Dachshund ends up in a pound, but unusually puzzled when they are obviously well bred & most likely expensive. Great pics, they’ll certainly find a home!

3. Veronica says:

They are so precious, I wish I could just go and pick them up!!! I would take them in a minute,but I live in Florida. I do love your pictures!

4. pandoradox says:

As a responsible dachshund breeder, it breaks my heart to see any dogs let alone these two beauties being placed in a shelter. While I applaud the work of the Rescue people, a proper, responsible breeder should have it in the original sales contract that if pet owner circumstances change, it is mandatory that dogs be returned to the original kennel for re-homing to a true, loving home. Dogs are a lifelong commitment for both the pet owner and the breeder.

• I completely agree. I have one doxie from a breeder (Rufus) and one from a rescue (Emily). I support responsible breeders and rescue folks. Unfortunately, I do believe “truly responsible breeders” are rare. It also breaks my heart that these two beauties were abandoned, but I know the perfect home is forthcoming. Thanks to all for the comments!

5. Melissa Hart says:

Where r they? I am in IN. would love more I have a chocolate little girl. R they male female?

• These beauties are in SoCal and they’re a male and female duo, I think maybe brother and sister. They’re black and tan. So sweet. If you know anyone in the area, please forward. It would be great if they’re adopted together. Thanks!

6. Gail Andera says:

Are they mini or standard? I have 3 mini long hair black and tans, one dapple. They are all 11 yo, but still full of vinegar and run like crazy when they get outside, even through the snow, though it’s more of a hop than a run.

7. rmc512 says:

Reblogged this on roccosphere and commented:
    cute dachshunds in need of a home!

8. Ann says:

They are beautiful. I have two and I live in ARkansas. But if they were close I would be sooo tempted!

9. Sabrina says:

We are thrilled to have adopted these two beautiful babies. They are Pebbles and Bam Bam and loving their new forever home.

10. Pingback: Dachshund Rescue of Los Angeles | rufusontheweb